MEGAN KAY ALLGOOD
- Associate Attorney
- Criminal Law (Federal and State cases)
- No case too big or too small
- Capital Murder Death cases, Murder/ Manslaughter, Rape, Robbery, Kidnapping, Conspiracy, Trafficking and manufacturing drugs, Possession, Theft, DUI, Harassment and Assault cases, traffic tickets and ordinance violations
- Mental health issues and substance abuse issues
- Federal Criminal
- CARES Act Fraud
- Family Law– Legal Separation/Divorce/Custody/Adoption/Grandparent visitation/Guardianship/PFA’s, Restraining Orders and Qualified Domestic Relations Orders involving retirement accounts
- Child Custody
- Small Claims/Collections
- Juvenile Law– Criminal and Civil issues including but not limited to truancy, child abuse, emancipation, criminal matters, competency, and custody
I was born into a military family and have lived in a variety of locations including Indiana, Texas, Germany and Alabama. A graduate of Carroll High School in Ozark, I attended Troy University graduating cum laude with a B.A. in Criminal Justice with a minor in Spanish. In 2013 I graduated with a Juris Doctorate from Thomas Goode Jones School of Law at Faulkner University. During my time in law school, I served as Vice President of Faulkner Law’s chapter of the Alabama Criminal Defense Lawyers Association as well as the Vice President of Faulkner Law’s chapter of the American Constitution Society. My passion for the rights of all led me to become an active member of the Jones Public Interest Law Foundation and the Women’s Legal Society. Upon graduation from law school and due to my volunteer work in the legal community. I was admitted into the Thomas Goode Jones Public Interest Law Society and granted the Pro Bono Merit and Ellen Brooks Merit awards.
I began my law practice at a family law firm in Indiana. In 2014, I moved to Mobile and joined a local law firm here allowing me to expand my practice in Mobile to include family law, small claims/collection cases, municipal criminal cases, and some minor criminal matters in District Court. As a member of the Alabama State Bar and Indiana State Bar, I am admitted to practice in all Alabama and Indiana State Courts, and my focus has been on family law, criminal law, and collections.
In 2016, I joined the Hernandez & Associates Law Firm allowing me to expand my practice even further to areas that include criminal matters in both district and circuit court as well as Federal Court. I have handled countless felony matters including Robbery, Murder, and Capital Murder.
I am a passionate and hard-working attorney, and here at Hernandez & Associates Law Firm we believe that every person is entitled to passionate representation and to have their civil and constitutional rights vigorously protected and defended. We are a team of lawyers and we fight to equalize the playing field in the court room and during the legal process.
- Faulkner University, Jones School of Law, Montgomery, Alabama
- Juris Doctorate – 2013
- Honors: Alabama Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, Faulkner Law’s chapter, Vice President
- Honors: American Constitution Society, Faulkner Law’s chapter, Vice President
- Honors: Jones Public Interest Law Foundation, Member
- Honors: Women’s Legal Society, Member
- Honors: Pro Bono Merit
- Honors: Ellen Brooks Merit
- Carroll High School, Ozark
- Troy University
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: Criminal Justice
- Minor: Spanish
- Alabama, 2013
- Indiana, 2014
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Alabama, pro hac vice, 2018
- Thomas Goode Jones Public Interest Law Society